Wednesday, August 26, 2009

God opens a window

God has truly blessed my husband and I just in the past week, and I feel like sharing what He has done for us.
My husband, Bill, is going to school right now to be a pastor of a church. We are getting excited at the thought of only 1 1/2 years left of school, which isn't really that long at all. This semester is going to be busy for the both of us. I re-start my seasonal job at the school in the cafeteria, while still working at my other job in retail. Bill, on the other hand, is really going to learn how to manage his time a lot better. He will be working 20 hours a week, the required time for us to receive benefits from his job, he will be starting his work-out regime again, which is 6 days a week, working out for an hour and a half each day, he will be going to class, doing homework, and finally a teacher at the school has just hired Bill on to be a TA, which is a Teacher's Assistant to those who are not familiar with that abbreviation. There is a lot piled on Bill's plate right now, but we both know that God never gives us more than we can handle, so we are not worried in the slightest. But even all that I've mentioned is not the particular answer to prayer that I feel like speaking about.
The answer to prayer is knowing that God provides for us... me in particular. When this semester starts, Bill is going to be busy... a lot. I won't be able to spend as much time with my husband as I have this past summer which has been wonderful. But God has brought a new friend into my life, an unexpected friend, and she lives only minutes away. It's nice to know that if I need a friend to talk to, to laugh with or cry with, I have someone a couple blocks away if my husband is busy. And this new friend of mine moved to this city only months ago, right after she got married. Isn't God amazing? He knew that with my S.A.D. and other neuroses that I would need friends nearby that I can lean on when life seems hard. I know that God is always there for me to lean on Him, but He provides friends for that physical contact all humans need as well. Before my friend moved here, I didn't really have any friends in the nearby vicinity that I felt comfortable calling on. But now I do! Praise the Lord!
Wow, I probably sound a bit psychotic with how much I'm revealing about myself, but you know what? That's what this blog is here for. I'm trying to be real, to vent real feelings and real thoughts. If I have to feel bad about what I write, then why do it at all? Maybe someone can relate to what I'm feeling too. Maybe someone else will be interested in who God and Jesus are, and see what else They have done in the lives of others. All I know is that typing out what I'm thinking and feeling makes me feel better. And if that sounds selfish - good. This blog is for me, and anyone else who wants to hear something genuine.
Anyways, that's it from now. Hopefully I'll be able to pop on this computer on a regular basis, which may be tricky with my husband going back to school soon, but I'll do my best. I find blogging to be refreshing and relieving. Thanks for listening everyone.
Peace from Rainbow Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment